The weather has been great and World Cup even greater, all of which we must ensure our energy levels are high.
Therefore, I give you some top tips of Vegan foods which will boost your energy levels to cheer our England team all the way to the finals.
High-energy vegan foods
If you’re looking to increase your energy levels, exercise regularly or are training for a special event, then these are the foods for you!
- Nut butters (e.g. peanut butter, almond butter and hazelnut butter)
- Tahini (Sesame seed paste)
- Brazil nuts
- Macadamia nuts
- Hempseeds and hemp oil
Some more top energy foods:
Few foods pack as much nutritional value as spinach. Immortalized in pop-culture as the veggie that gives Popeye the Sailor his strength, spinach is a powerful superfood for vegans. Check out some of the many ways that spinach excels as a superfood:
- 180 grams of spinach contains 181% of your daily allowance of vitamin K.
- 638% of vitamin A per bunch
- 1,897 mg of potassium per bunch
- 7 grams of protein per bunch
- 159% your daily dose of vitamin C
An extremely popular fruit for those who love Mexican food, the avocado is a staple for most Californians. It’s remarkable in several different ways, including the fact that it has more healthy fat than any other plant-based food. See some of the benefits that make avocados a true superfood:
- One cup of sliced avocado has 33% of your daily fat content.
- Avocados are rich in potassium.
- Avocados have 9.8g of fiber per cup.
- Over 20% of your daily dose of vitamin C and B-6 comes from one cup of avocado.
The potent grain with a complex name, quinoa has gained a lot of popularity for its remarkable variety of nutrients. A highly versatile grain with a unique taste, there are a lot of ways to add this superfood into your diet. These are the reasons you want to:
- High in fiber and antioxidants
- Lots of protein including all essential amino acids.
- Contains beneficial flavonoids, which are rare plant antioxidants
- Quinoa has lots of manganese and magnesium.
4. Sweet Potatoes
The sweeter and more nutritious variation of the potato, sweet potatoes are an undeniable superfood. Their benefits range from immune boosters to potent nutrients. Find out more here:
- Rich in vitamins A and C
- Good for arthritis sufferers
- Has low impact on your glycemic index
- Potent amount of fiber and beta carotene
Please like and share my blog to help others.