I thought I’d share with you my favourite Vegan sweet snack, top tip add popping candy onto the chocolate at the end!!
Easy 4-Ingredient vegan chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats. These crunchy rice krispie treats are super quick and easy to make and smothered in vegan dark chocolate.
- 3 cups (105g) Rice Krispies*
- 1/3 cup (83g) Creamy Salted Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Golden Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- Measure the rice krispies out into a bowl and set aside.
- Line a square dish with parchment paper.
- Add the syrup and peanut butter to a saucepan and heat together stirring all the time until it has just started to bubble a little. At this point immediately remove from the heat and pour over the rice krispies. Stir in until all the rice krispies are covered.
- Spoon this out into your parchment lined dish and smooth down as best you can. Place into the fridge to set.
- When it has set, prepare your chocolate topping. Break up the chocolate and place into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals bringing out to stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Spoon this out on top of the rice krispie base and spread it out evenly.
- Add popping candy on top of the chocolate
- Return to the fridge to set. When set, lift the entire thing out with the parchment paper and cut into squares. Enjoy!