Its Month 2 of my Vegan journey and I am feeling good!
Now there are important points to note with a vegan diet and that is getting the full spectrum of dietary essentials, certainly having balanced meals with vegetables, beans, Tofu, Lentils, Rice, Pasta, etc. will help but having the right quantities is also important.
Therefore, I have realised that supplementing the Vegan diet is important so as not to miss any daily essential Vitamins, minerals and Proteins.
- Sweet potato, carrots, cos and romaine lettuce, peppers – contain Vitamin A: (RDA: 5000iu)
- Spinach, red and green peppers, oranges, broccoli, red cabbage – contain Vitamin C (RDA: 500-3000mg)
- Portobello mushrooms, almond milk, tofu – contain Vitamin D: (RDA: 1000-3000iu)
- Chilli, paprika, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin, butternut squash – contain Vitamin E: (RDA: 20mg)
- Kale, spinach, broccoli, chard – contain Vitamin K: (RDA: 80ug)
- Vitamin B12 supplement, Marmite – for Vitamin B12 – (RDA: 2.4mcg)
- Pistachio nuts, bananas, spinach, sunflower seeds – contain Vitamin B6: (RDA: 2mg)
- Udo’s oil, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, canola oil, hemp seeds, chia seeds, kale, tofu, edamame, avocado, sesame, tahini, walnuts, raw olive oil, coconut oil – for Fats (RDA: 500mg)
- Watercress, curly kale, Chinese cabbage (pak choi), green/red cabbage, broccoli, green snap beans – for Calcium: (RDA: 700-1500mg)
- Wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, cashews nuts, pine nuts, cocoa powder, hazelnuts, pecans – contain Zinc (RDA: 15mg).